Your New Year: How To Make It Real...
Are you someone who's been waking up to the fact that New Year's resolutions 'work' for only
the rarer of individuals? Are you one of the rarer?
and Make It Wonderful!
Considering that virtually every instance of my hearing about someone's
resolutions, has been making them, and almost never, fulfilling them, it seems likely that
you're in good company with the majority of us.
Resolutions are a wonderful thing, but the idea that everyone in the Western world who would like to make some kind of
positive change, should resolve to do so at the same point in time, is unrealistic at best, and harmful at worst.
January is one of my absolute, favorite months!
The way the light fills the outdoors, and the way--here in the north, it reflects
off the snow.
As I write this, it's New Year's Day, and the sun is gleaming in the cold air.
This time of year fills me with the sense of possibility and my energy is high.
. . . BUT...January is not necessarily
a gleaming ray of sunshine for everyone.
And that's the point here:
Resolve and Change According to Your Own Rhythms,
My January phenomenon isn't due to the turning of the year.
Really, it's more because of the change in season. Some of it's because I was born in early December and my birthday
fills me with vision and drive, but then the holidays and the darkness of the shorter days take over.
By January, I'm just so looking forward to getting going!
Here are some of the other reasons for my phenomenon that may very well apply to you in some way:
- In addition to the visual changes and my repressed drive, there are the astrological changes that take place with the seasons.
- Each season begins in a cardinal sign. A cardinal sign is the leading edge, it brings new energy,
- and a new sense of purpose.
Here Are My Tips for Increased Success With Resolving:
- Spend some time reflecting on the last year or 2 or 3,
- noticing when during the year you've had your own version of a blast of inspiration, vision, clarity, drive, creativity, etc.
- Consider making the most pronounced of those times, your own, personal New Year--your own, personal time this year to Resolve
- To give yourself an even greater opportunity for success, plan to go with your own flow,
- again, noticing your own rhythms, and planning accordingly.
- If it helps, try thinking of it as an experiment: you don't ever have to do it again if it doesn't work for you!
Getting The Most Value For Your Time On This Site
During your visit, focus on your most pressing concerns.
Make a note about pages you might want to visit later or on your next visit.
There's no need to try to absorb everything at once... This site will be here for you!
Come for more visits, explore, and make the most of what's available here, to help you get and stay motivated in your Real Self-Improvement adventure!
Site Author and Creator
If you have a quesiton,
comment or suggestion,
please fill out the
very short form for
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
Is It Your Time For Self-Improvement?
Some clues to look for...
- You've got things you just want to do!
- You're bored.
- You're enduring chronic health problems.
- You feel unhappy more than occasionally.
- You want to get out of poverty.
- You're lonely and you feel it acutely.
- You sense that you could be or do, more than you are.
- You want to do less and relax more.
- You have longings that never subside or that re-surface.
- You're dealing with any type of addiction.
- You're dealing with being abused or oppressed in any way.
- You'e dealing with being an abuser or being oppressive in any way.
- You want to lose weight, improve your health, or become more fit, or all three.
- You want to change careers or jobs.
- You want to go back to school, and maybe you're life is complicated by work, family, money issues, etc.
- You want to get out of debt.
- You're coping with depression or anxiety, with or without professional help and with or without medication.
- You want to live "the impossible dream".
- You want to be or do anything else that's important to you...anything at all.